Following the recent government announcement about a lockdown in England, we wanted to reassure you that we are classed as an essential service
Our Audiology clinics will remain open, if you have any concerns about the services we offer please contact our friendly team
We are committed to keeping our teams safe but our first priority is always you, your loved ones and your hearing
It is important to keep your hearing appointments during the lockdown period and ensure your health is optimised at all times. We do not want you to worry or panic about your appointment so please rest assured that all Covid protocols will be adhered to.
Please visit our COVID safety video on our home page for a summary of measures in place to keep you safe.
If you have any concerns about your appointment or would like to make a appointment with us to prioritise your hearing health, please get in touch and we will be happy to help
We have taken the following additional precautions to help minimize the spread of coronavirus:
- Increased frequency of cleaning for waiting areas and examination rooms.
- Scheduling appointments so that there is adequate time between clients for additional cleaning and to minimise the number of people in the clinic and or waiting areas at any one time so that 2m social distancing can be observed.
- Strict observation of 2m social distancing between patients and staff in waiting areas and in clinic rooms, unless necessary for clinical procedures. Markings will be provided on the floor to help you judge your distance.
- Best practice hand hygiene, for all staff and patients. Hands must be washed or sanitised with gel frequently and before and after appointments. You will be asked to either wash your hands or use hand sanitizer upon entering the clinic or waiting area.
- The use of PPE during clinical procedures where 2m distancing is not possible. Your audiologist will be wearing a surgical face mask (type II fluid resistant), gloves and apron for certain procedures. You will also be given a surgical face mask to wear if you do not have your own.
Before confirming your appointment booking you will be asked the following questions:
- Do you or anyone in your household have coronavirus?
- Do you have a new, continuous cough?
- Do you have a high temperature (37.8 C or over)?
- Does anyone in your household have a new, continuous cough or a high temperature?
If you have answered yes to any of the questions above PLEASE DO NOT ATTEND for an appointment, you should self-isolate and follow NHS COVID-19 advice. Contact us again when you no longer have symptoms or use our remote care services if applicable.
If you feel that your need for an appointment is not essential at this time, then please consider booking at a later date once the current lockdown measures have been relaxed or there is further advice from the government. Please only attend if there is an essential audiological need, that is if there has been a recent change in your ability to hear which is having a significant impact on your life.
What you need to do
- Please arrive 5mins before your appointment but remain in your car or outside the clinic, until the time of your appointment.
- You may need to wait outside if there are too many people in the waiting room (we will try and minimize this occurrence by spacing out our appointment times), one of our team will guide you.
- Please observe 2m social distancing in communal areas. The floor will be marked so you will know where to stand.
- We would prefer that you attend alone for the appointment. However, if this is not possible or if you require support it can be a person from the same household.
- For paediatric appointments only one parent or care giver to attend with the child.
- When entering the premises, you will be provided with hand sanitiser or asked to wash your hands at a designated sink.
- We will provide you with a surgical mask to cover your mouth and nose, or you may bring your own if you prefer.
- If you need to cough or sneeze, please use the tissues provided or into your elbow.
- Please avoid touching display items or other items whilst in the clinic. We are unable to offer drinks or the use of toilet facilities currently.
- All payments will be taken by card. We are unable to accept cash or cheques currently.
- Please wash or sanitise your hands before leaving the building.
If you need to reschedule an appointment, please call us on 0207 487 2660. Thank you for your patience and understanding during this time and as always thank you for allowing us to assist you with your hearing healthcare needs.
WE LOOK FORWARD TO SEEING YOU!